Homeless Veterans’ Reintegration Program
Th goal of this program is to provide services that assist at risk of experiencing homelessness veterans to reintegration in the community and into meaningful employment within the labor force. We offer a structured, individually designed case management plan to assist the veteran to become employable and self sufficient. The program is currently being offered in Rocky Hill, CT.
You must be an individual who has served our country. A homeless person as defined by the US Dept. of Labor is:
- Persons who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence.
- Persons living in supervised public or privately operated shelter designed to provide temporary living arrangements;
- An individual who resided in a shelter or place not meant for human habitation and who is exiting an institution where he or she temporarily resided; and persons with a primary nighttime residence that is a public or private place not designed for or ordinarily used as a regular sleeping accommodation for human beings.
- An individual or family who will imminently lose their housing and is unable to identify a subsequent residence.
- Individuals who have served our country with children defined as homeless under other Federal statutes who have experienced a long term period without living independently in permanent housing.
- Have experienced persistent instability as measured by frequent moves over such period; and can be expected to continue in such status for an extended period of time because of chronic disabilities, chronic physical health or mental health conditions, substance addiction, histories of domestic violence or childhood abuse, the presence of a child or youth with a disability, or multiple barriers to employment.
You must be a veteran who served in the active U.S military and were honorably discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable.
You must be motivated and willing to search for work and to connect to the necessary benefits.
For over 70 years, award winning, CARF accredited Easterseals Capital Region & Eastern Connecticut has been the indispensable resource for people and families challenged by a variety of disabilities and barriers. From its Accredited Medical and Vocational Rehabilitation Programs, and Veteran & Military Family Services to having one of the largest Neuropsychological practices in the State, Easterseals is making a profound and life changing impact on the lives of many.
Our Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program
- Stable housing & Rapid Employment – Transitional housing
- Training & job placement in high demand industries
- Hands on Cashier Training
- ServSafe Certification
- Janitorial Services Training
- Access to ongoing free life-changing Rally Point Support Services
- Advancement into Permanent Housing
Individuals receive Rally Point services following a self-referral or a referral from one of our many collaborative partners including: CT DVA, CT National Guard, DOL, DMHAS, and Federal & State VA. DD214 and photo ID is required.
The HVRP services are funded by the United States Department of Labor under Grant No. HV-33824-19-60-5-9 This document does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the U.S. Department of Labor, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.
Together, we are rebuilding minds, bodies & lives.
The needs of American Warriors and their families are evolving, not disappearing. With over 70 years of expertise and experience, award winning Easterseals Capital Region & Eastern Connecticut is committed to working with veterans and their families to secure employment and financial security.
- It is through meaningful employment & stable housing that Veterans can achieve self-sufficiency and independence
- Easterseals employs innovative strategies and expertise coupled with a highly supportive 1:1 customized service model, tailored specifically to the individual’s needs
Veterans Rally Point I – Veterans/Service Members & Military Family Services:
24 Stott Avenue, Norwich, CT 06360
Veterans Rally Point II – Military Services (State of CT Department of Veterans Affairs Campus):
287 West Street, Rocky Hill, CT 06067
860.859.4148 ext. 1